Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I Must Be A Kitten Because I Love To Play With Yarn

It's been a tough week. I've been diligently editing comic pages, but am so very far away from being complete. In an effort to make it feel like I've made some progress, I've made a giant check list where I get to add lots of check marks. It has helped a bit.
As I've been slogging through the comics, it's become increasingly important to balance the work with play, and play I have. So much so, that I've managed to finish off another woven scarf.
Warp: Doespins sock in Paua. Weft: Verdant Gryphon Mithril in Green Water Snake.

I've also completed my latest pair of vanilla socks. It's amazing how the stitches add up when knitting in the car.
Opal's Der Kleine Prinz in Die Rose Der Kleine Prinzen color way

As a reward, I've cast on a new vanilla sock. This time I'm using the sock blank I bought a few posts back. I've never used a sock blank before, but I'm already addicted. Look how pretty the colors are!
Gale's Art Single Sock Blank in The Big O color way 

At the rate I'm going, I'll have another pair of socks off the needles in no time.

Has anyone else been playing with new-to-you yarn? Is there any I should try?

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love making lists with an abundance of check boxes, it makes me feel so productive :) Really love the colour the sock blank is knitting up to! I've never used a sock blank before, maybe it's time..

Alicia said...

I've always wondered what sock blanks would look like knit up, it almost reminds me of handspun socks! I have not been using any new-to-me yarns lately, all tried-and-true favorites (Verdant Gryphon, Blue Moon Fiber Arts).

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...